A Trust for the Blind requires the service of a qualified professional preferably a Botswana citizen:
· To lead and manage the Training Department of Rehabilitation Centre.
· Monitor and ensure compliance to BQA standards.
· Undertake the research and development of suitable training programs for the students.
· To find out the possibility of increasing the number of students enrolled annually.
· To research the craft skills tailor made for visually impaired students.
· To develop an estimated annual budget for the training department.
· Assess the applications of possible trainees to ensure that the set requirements are met.
· To supervise and monitor the trainees attachment programs.
· Degree/ Postgraduate Diploma in Special Education
· Possess some form of training skills.
· Atleast a minimum of 3 years work experience in a managerial/supervisory position.
· Teaching qualification is a major requirement.
· Work experience with visually impaired people will be an added advantage.
· Must be able to develop, put in place and maintain training programmes suitable for the visually impaired students.
· Have good communication skills.
· Advice and guide the teaching staff on revised teaching methods.
· Work out the strategies on training development if blind students both on a short and long term basis.
· Build team spirit within employees of the centre.
· Analyse what the current market demands to train the students adequately.
· Must possess a valid drivers license
· Ability to advice on issues of training, moderation and accreditation of programs.
· Willingness to work at awkward hours when he situation dictates.
· Ability to work independently on any task given by the Director.