Proposal Objective: Organization is pursuing an anticipated evaluation for MCC to provide Economic Analysis and Performance Evaluation services for MCC-funded transportation activities in Cape Verde and Mongolia. The objective of this evaluation is to conduct an economic analysis (HDM-4/RED) and performance evaluations (maintenance/transport sector work) of MCC transport investments each country. The period of performance will vary per country, and is estimated to be the following: base period will be 6 months to conduct research design, followed by a 6-15-month phase 2 data collection period and a 6-9 month phase 3 period for the final report.
Position Description: Organization is seeking a Political Economist to lead the political economy analysis (PEA) of road maintenance. This will be a short-term opportunity over the period of performance.
· Lead the PEA of road maintenance.
· Design and lead data collection (desk review, interviews, focus groups) for the PEA of road maintenance.
· Primary author of the PEA portions of deliverables and provide input into other portions of deliverables
· Master’s degree in political economy, political science, economics or similar discipline.
· Strong, demonstrated experience in PEA, preferably in the road maintenance sector.
· Demonstrated ability to assess competing political/economic pressures and to assess the difference between policy and actual implementation.
· Substantial experience working in international development contexts; experience in Magnolia and/or Cabo Verde preferred.
· Experience with MCC is a plus.
· Fluency in oral and written English is required, with Khalkha Mongol or Portuguese, a plus.
· Willingness and ability to travel throughout Cabo Verde and Mongolia.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.