• The successful candidate will be expected to teach both practical and theoretical aspects of journalism and have a good working knowledge of online media.
Knowledge of media law would be an advantage.
The role holder will also be expected to maintain their strong industry links, develop collaborative activities with industry partners, add to the department’s research and knowledge exchange profile and enhance students employability prospects in the creative industries.
• Applicant must be dynamic and inspiring enough to be able to equally engage colleages, industry partners and students as well in all academic projects
• Applicant must have a good working experience in more practical media work than just knowledge, as programmes in the department are based on the synergy of the practical and the theory with the former being greater. Thence, the applicant’s experience would be very vital in enhancing this ethos
• The applicants must be able to communicate very well with both students and colleague workers especially in dealing with external agencies and contacts in the development of industry contacts, links and partnerships
• The applicant must be good at teamwork and be motivational enough to push other teammates and projects in the journalism department
Qualification Required & Experience
• A good honours degree preferably in a relevant area
• A higher degree in an appropriate specialism
• Relevant professional qualifications and /or membership of a professional body Proven Experience
• Recent and relevant teaching experience at undergraduate or postgraduate levels
• Relevant print or broadcast experience in journalism
• Understanding and experience of working in a convergent environment
We are hiring for Academic Teaching/Administration Position for one of our educational client. Job Description Teaching preschool, primary or middle...Apply For This Job