Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Actively lead or participate in coordination mechanisms in the area (e.g. Health, general coordination, potential MHPSS coordination group) and advocate for principles of IASC MHPSS guidelines.
Identify and train local mental health officers and refugee staff/volunteers in community outreach, mental health case management, follow-up and mental health promotion
Provide training in the identification and non-pharmacological management of priority mental health condition to general health staff in line with WHO mhGAP Intervention Guidelines in coordination with project MHPSS coordinator (psychiatrist)
Engage trained staff and volunteers in on the job mentoring and supervision
Provide mental health and psychosocial support services along with health staff as needed
Ensure completion and analysis of pre post knowledge tests and on the job supervision checklists.
Support collection and reporting of mental health project data including documentation for reporting and patient outcomes (e.g. functioning, satisfaction with services)
Provide training in other MHPSS topics as appropriate, depending on identified needs (e.g. key aspects of psychological first aid and relevant aspects of IASC guidelines) to client and staff from other agencies
Implement social and recreational activities (e.g. youth friendly activities)
Assist with the development of new proposals
Assist with hiring of national staff as needed
Implement the project in line with client and global MHPSS standards and guidelines and closely coordinate with clients Health Technical Unit Global Mental Health Advisor for development and review of training materials and reports.
Represent client in MHPSS related meetings and coordination groups.
1. Holds a degree in medicine with specialization in psychiatry and holds current license/registration to practice
2. Has a minimum 3 years clinical experience in a hospital and / or community based mental health, preferably in humanitarian/low resource settings
3. Experience of developing training materials
4. Experience and skills in training medical professionals and non-professionals
5. Strong organizational and supervisory skills.
6. Experience of advocacy / engagement with government and non-governmental organisations
7. Committed to working in a team, and prioritizing development of other team members’ capacity
8. Strong interpersonal skills and able to work and lead individuals as a team
9. Diplomatic and able to network and build good working relationships
10. Willingness to travel, sometimes in difficult circumstances
Urgent opening for Community Health Worker in Yemen Accountabilities: Collect and report (to IEC/HP Supervisor) specific information related to his/her...Apply For This Job