Within delegated authority, the Logistics Assistant will be responsible for the following duties:
• Prepares Service Entry Sheets and other actions within UMOJA and obtains the funding certifications.
• Liaises with relevant divisions/departments (e.g. procurement, accounting) with respect to verification and
processing of invoices once jobs are completed
• Maintains contact with relevant mission staff with respect to provision, co-ordination, monitoring and status
of transport services.
• Prepares requisitions and enters applicable systems data to initiate requisition process.
• Follow-up and provides updates of ongoing logistics operations and planning as well as requisition status on
a regular basis.
• Assists staff within the Unit with respect to relevant procedures and practices.
• Monitors insurance coverage of UN fleet.
• Assist in coordinating the maintenance and repair of UN-owned vehicles in accordance with the mission’s
repair and maintenance policies.