- Design and manage the Project’s database that will be used to store, manage and analyze the performance indicators identified in the PMP.
- Assists partners with set-up, testing, and implementation of data collection software.
- Develop, manage and implement the Project’s Data Management systems, including relevant performance indicators, baselines, and annual targets and ensures compliance to PEPFAR requirements.
- Develops/adapts tools for data collection; designs and implements surveys and other data collection tasks.
- Provides monitoring data regularly that strategically inform the decisions on Project performance and future direction to the organization.
- Health Africa management team.
- Troubleshoots data submission errors and data error issues.
- Provides on-going consultation and technical assistance to Partners regarding database administration.
- To ensure the data quality control through a data validation plan, data queries, programming consistency checks and data cleaning as well as through coding and harmonizing of information.
- Maintain and ensure proper functioning of all databases used by Afya kamilifu Project (IQ tool, LTF tracking, Pediatric testing tracking database, HBC, VCT, CTC2 database, HIT system, DHIS2 and Pharmacy Module).
Required educational qualification/ Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT, Health Informatics with good programming skills. Masters Degree in Data Management or Public
- Health Informatics will be of added advantage.
- A minimum of three years’ experience at a similar position in HIV care and treatment program.
Technical Skill Requirements:
Strong knowledge of Microsoft Windows, Microsoft Office and database management systems (SQL Server, access etc).
Knowledge of SQL for database development.
Ability to troubleshoot hardware and software problems.
Ability to exercise independent judgment in correcting data errors or omissions.
Considerable knowledge of data management policies and procedures.
Personal Skill Requirements:
- Initiative, Self motivated, Flexibility, confidentiality, team player, creative and proactive mind in the implementation of new ideas
- Ability to resolve problems and find best solutions in data management.
- Ability to plan and prioritize own work.
- Ability to adapt to changes in technology.
- Ability to manage multiple Projects simultaneously with high degree of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
Salary: Not disclosed
Industry: IT / Telecom
Functional Area: IT software admin
Role Category: Others
Employment Type: Full time