Good degree in Social sciences, marketing, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or relevant numeric field; Digital and social media savvy; experience in maintaining building brand standards
English & French
GENERAL JOB INFORMATION:
Job Title: Head, Consumer Marketing, Insights & Analytics ( CMI &A)
Reports to: Country Head, Consumer Banking
Direct Reports: Analytics – Consumer Marketing, Insights & Analysts
The role exist to develop strategy, formulate polices and ensure execution of the effective marketing, customer insights and analytics function that will position Ecobank Consumer banking products and services as the preferred choice of customers in Africa.
It will build long term customer affinity particularly on digital platforms that translates into measurable sales through thought leadership and execution covering strategy, implementation and sustainability.
Responsible for overseeing and leading successfully Marketing, Insights & Analytics function for the Consumer bank across the footprint, this role is comprised of two distinct functions:
1. Consumer Marketing
2. Customer Insights & Analytics
This role is responsible for the overall customer affinity, effective communication of our product value measured by active customer growth index and product sales in the consumer bank.
The role is responsible for all activities relating to Consumer bank marketing and customer analytics & Insights focused on delivering the 100 million customer goal of Ecobank and massive sales of consumer bank products and services. This include but is not limited to :
• Act as a trusted partner with client and product segments in Consumer banking
• Establish consumer bank marketing as a major value contributor to the Ecobank franchise measured by customer affinity rating, product sales and active customer growth index
• Lead the development and growth of a world-class customer analytics function founded on a customer information-based approach to understanding needs, behaviours, attitudes and economics
Consumer Banking in Cameroon has about than 220.000 customers
1- Business and Financial performance
• Lead development and execution of best-in-class marketing and advertising of Ecobank consumer products outcome of which is measured by traction in the 100 million customer goal, product sales and adoption of digital channels
• Lead teams of analysts to apply information-based concepts and data assets in order to manage customer contact in ways that enhance the sale of consumer products, customer acquisition and overall performance of the consumer Banking business.
• Influence relevant heads of businesses and segments, channels and product teams to adopt an analytical evidence-based approach to taking decisions. Work with multiple parts of the business to embed this in the decision-making process of the bank in order to maximize the effectiveness with which consumer Banking makes use of data and information.
• Manage the marketing budget to deliver agreed product revenue, cost returns, sales volume and service quality targets.
• Improve marketing and sales promotion for the appropriate pricing and delivery of products across the Group to meet revenue and profitability goals.
• Leverage media – digital, social media, print, electronic, to deliver marketing communication in an effective and efficient manner
2- Customer Excellence
• Drive customer service excellence and ensure competitive solutions and products are consistently delivered to consumer banking clients.
• Build a market-leading customer Facebook, twitter, Instagram and social media base for Ecobank
• Ensure high customer satisfaction as measured and monitored through Customer feedback surveys, Voice of customer and Net promoter scores
• Build best in class Marketing, customer insights and Analytics Department
3- Leadership and people management
• Lead a high performance team
• Ensure appropriate evaluation techniques and measurements exist to analyze effectiveness of implemented strategies/initiatives and communicate results
• Develop a culture within the team that values sales-focused marketing & analytics as a competitive advantage and embraces its application. Takes this culture out to the rest of the affiliate.
• Deliver effective management of risk, governance, compliance and control issues within the team, ensuring that all direct reports are aware of, and adhere to, their individual responsibilities in these areas
4-Process, control and operational performance
• Promote high ethical and integrity standards, and establish a culture within the bank that establishes and demonstrates to all personnel the importance of controls
• Ensure there is a strong internal control system in place and monitor its adequacy and effectiveness
5- Strategic initiatives
• Ensure embedding of a strong strategy execution culture and practice within the team
• Champion digital marketing and social media dominance by Ecobank in the country
• Lead strategic initiatives that will create business growth, position Ecobank Consumer banking as the preferred Banking Brand in middle Africa while increasing shareholders value.
• Champion cost management initiatives within Marketing Function
Experience & Qualifications
7-year plus experience in consumer marketing, analytics in a Telco, FMCG, digital savvy bank or similar environment delivering real business outcomes
Good degree in Social sciences, marketing, Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or relevant numeric field.
Post graduate qualification Marketing or business Management is an advantage
Strong network in marketing community and media relations
Skills, Capabilities & Personal attributes:
Digital and social media savvy
Execution capability in delivery of top class marketing campaigns and product advertising In depth understanding of how the business can create value through the application of Information, analytics as well as marketing concepts
Good experience in maintaining building brand standards Communication and Presentations skills (Create story around data)
Strong interpersonal, influencing and communication skills.
Bilingual (English/French) is an advantage.
NB: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted