· The Convention concerning the treatment of asylum seekers, IDPs, refugees, returnees and the stateless, where applicable, is disseminated to the local authorities.
· Organization ‘s policies and standards are applied consistently in the AOR to ensure quality protection of populations of concern.
· A healthy, safe and respectful working environment is provided to the workforce in the AOR.
· Monitor and report on the implementation of refugee conventional responsibilities and international obligations of the local authorities Vis a Vis the population of concern to UNHCR within the given geographical area; based on local situations/developments make appropriate recommendation to the UNHCR Representative/HoSO.
· Advocate and promote Organization standards concerning the treatment of asylum seekers, refugees and returnees as well as IDPs, where applicable; Advocate, promote and encourage the concerned authorities and local opinion makers to uphold established organization standards that have become the international norms.
· Ensure that the basic needs of the concerned population are properly assessed with the participation of the beneficiaries themselves, the host governments and/or the competent Implementing partners and/or organization itself.
· Subject to the needs, ensure that the planning, formulation and budgeting of identified assistance projects are done as per organization programme cycle; upon approval of assistance project, ensure the timely implementation and rigorous monitoring of identified assistance activities
· Ensure through the subordinate staff that all deadlines for monitoring and reporting of organization operational activities (i.e. include assistance as well as Administrative) are met on a regular basis.
· Manage all organization resources, both human, financial/material, at an optimum level for the wellbeing of the concerned population and the organization staff.
· Ensure that all security measures of organization’s office (and residential, where ever applicable) compounds are always up to date; any security breaches and/or potential security threat should be reported immediately to competent UN security coordinator in the country.
· Ensure that staff welfare, both in terms of working and living conditions, are maintained at a satisfactory level within the constraints in the operational area; this requires remaining current in health and medical facilities locally available and evacuation options available in a moment of medical urgency.
· Guide, coach and advocate the subordinate staff to maintain highest standards of conduct and behaviour thorough one’s own practice and deeds.
· Prepare and submit regular reports, both verbally and written, to the organization. Representative/HoSO. In the event of substantial telephone conversation that leads to specific action or non-action, it should be recorded and share with the other party.
· Any other responsibilities/functions deemed necessary or as delegated by the organization Representative of the country in order to meet the level of the services in the organization.
· Represent organization in inter-agency fora and with local authorities in the AOR.
· Enforce compliance with organization’s global protection, programme, finance, human resources and security policies and standards.
· Submit project proposals for assistance to refugees and other persons of concern to organization Representation or Sub-Office in coordination with local authorities and NGOs.
ESSENTIAL MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
· University degree in Management/Personnel Administration or Law or Political Science or International Relation or Economics or a related field.
· At least 8 years (6 years with advanced university degree) of relevant work experience.
· In-depth knowledge in all aspects of UNHCR mandate and its Field level application.
· Applied knowledge of protection principles, operational arrangements/standards in relation to protection, assistance, UNHCR office management and staff administration.
· Should be conversant in the current priorities in the organisation and existing mechanisms within the organisation to implement those priorities.
· Basic computer skills and working knowledge in MS office software.
· Excellent knowledge of English with working knowledge of another relevant UN language. (In offices where the working language is not English, excellent knowledge of working language of duty station and working knowledge of English.)
DESIRABLE QUALIFICATIONS & COMPETENCIES
· Working experience both in UNHCR HQ and/or a Regional Office and the Field
· organization Specific learning/training activities ( i.e. Learning Programme in Management & Operations)
· Proficiency of the language(s) that are used within the Sub Office area.
Dear Expatriate, Your profile was short-listed from http://africaonjobs.com, Are you seeking a new challenge with the reputable Energy Solutions; We...Apply For This Job